Cardage, teinture et filage de la laine - Fil RSS

Vous n'êtes pas identifié.

#1 31-05-2007 09:07:36

Midian
Dentellière filante
Lieu: Suisse
Site web

Who are you ?

I've 38 years, I'm married since 14 years, without children, but I live with 5 persian cats, Clair de Lune, Night Moon, Prométhian, Ambre, Maya. I've a shih-tzu too Haureen.

I knit since the age of 6-7 years, I live in Switzerland beside Estavayer-le-Lac, in a large house quiet at the countryside

I'm dressmaker of trade, but I work  as phone maketing, I sell ecological product for washing home, approximately 19 hours for one week, I've much spare time

I love the knitting, the crochet, the spinning, the tatting, the hand and machine embroidery , the sewing and the tying of carpet

I love see the TV, but always with work in hands

I've discover the english knitting , the beautiful shawls and I've been contaminated, since I knit much more shawls  and I spin lace yarns!!!!!!!!!!!

I've six spinning wheels : a Traveller from Ashford with a quill spindle, a Minstrel from Kromski, I like its old style, an electric wheel from Louët for plying fantasy yarns, an electric wheel house manufacture for plying lace yarn and my two "chouchous" (preferred) Little Gem and Alpaga Pro with high speed head from Majacraft with many accessories for spinnig all kinds of yarns

And two drumcarders : an Ashford for fine fibers and the Petite from Strauch

My dream it's some 48 hours days or more !!!!!!!!!!!

#2 31-05-2007 10:09:22

Florence
Maman Mouton
Lieu: Province de Liège(Belgique)
Site web

Re: Who are you ?

Excuse me Midian, but I thing that it's better "who are you"... isn't it?

MOUTONS ET COMPAGNIE le blog http://bedoandco.canalblog.com/
LES LAINES DU MOUCHON le site http://leslainesdumouchon.com/
File sur louet S10 et (très) occasionnellement sur majacraft alpaga pro, teinte, tricote et fais un peu de design... ha oui! j'élève des moutons lainiers: gotland, wensleydales et croisés de dito...

#3 31-05-2007 12:36:58

Esclarmonde
Membre
Lieu: Les Hautes Pierres
Site web

Quoi est ce tentative english ? pourquoi ne parlons-nous plus froggy? ce est bizarre n'est-il pas ?

#4 31-05-2007 13:57:24

Sandrine Tricofolk
Administrateur
Lieu: Lorraine, France
Site web

#5 31-05-2007 15:37:03

Esther B
Membre
Lieu: Québec

Thanks for this presentation Midian ! Good effort from you...Should I continue in this way ?
If I could add something to the Florence's remark, it'll be better to write " sewing" instead of '"seam" but anyway, I've understood what you mean without problems...Sewing is the action of making seams on fabrics...
Maybe Happy Skeins will have the idea to make corrections in my text too !

Esclarmonde, maybe it's just a trick for some times, we're trying to refresh our "old past time" english lessons...

#6 31-05-2007 16:26:05

Florence
Maman Mouton
Site web

yes, whe just try to train our rusted brain!

File sur louet S10 et (très) occasionnellement sur majacraft alpaga pro, teinte, tricote et fais un peu de design... ha oui! j'élève des moutons lainiers: gotland, wensleydales et croisés de dito...

#7 31-05-2007 16:43:04

Midian
Dentellière filante
Site web

Thank you Florence and EstherB

Yes it's true, I corrected

It's well, I learn many new words smile

#8 31-05-2007 21:16:17

chocolatte
Membre
Lieu: Maryland
Site web

Midian, because of your style and flair, I would say you're a couturiere.  Yes, it's used in English.  Dressmaker is very plain sounding.  Seamstress is also plain sounding.  It means you just sew dresses without thinking of design.  I don't think you, Midian, can just sew clothes without thinking of the design because you're a designer by nature.

Thérèse (chocolatte)

#9 31-05-2007 22:00:06

Midian
Dentellière filante
Site web

It's right !!!!!! I'am a couturiere-stylist

What is in french " plain sounding" I don't understand ?

#10 31-05-2007 23:01:31

Lolo
Membre
Lieu: Combes 34, Haut Languedoc

Good evening, I want and i try to present me

I've 33 old years, I married since 11 years (already!! my god ! lol) with a marvellous man (Antoine) . We have got 2 childrens : agathe who has 9 old years and anatole who has 3 old years. They are fruits of our love, marvellous as your dady, chuttt

I lived in wood house , in a forest with 4 dogs, two asses, and 5 cats

I like the communication, the exchange and the conviviality

I'm one curious, optimistic, idealist person, and painful ...sometimes! big_smile

I like the life!

I have study in history -geography
then I have study in "psycho-pédagogie" (?)after agathe's birth

Today I'm Responsible Quality in a private hospital (evaluation, formation)
it's very interesting but i have other project too

I like all, which is creative, I'm a  little bit crazy

I like the wool, the thread, to create, to innnover

I have many projects , and i want to realise them

i discover this forum by Joelle and i like that  wink

Dernière modification par Lolo (31-05-2007 23:02:40)

Etoile filante

#11 31-05-2007 23:08:18

Midian
Dentellière filante
Site web

We are all crazy, but not a little bit, for me crazy-crazy (fofolle) it's righter

#12 31-05-2007 23:12:38

Lolo
Membre

it's good midian wink  ok, crazy-crazy

Etoile filante

#13 01-06-2007 00:25:07

Mic
Ancien membre

I'm a 38 years old man and I'm nurse, working night in a little hospital.

With my friend Guillaume we own a small organic farm in Alsace (North-East of France). We are doing cultures and picking of aromatic and medicinal plants and their transformation: herb teas, dried herbs, herbs-syrups, jams, marmelades and syrups of fruits. We also have a few llamas for the clearing and with whom we are organizing strolls snacks.

I didn't know what to do with our llamas fleece, then since 4 monthes, I learned to spinn with Sandrine, and since this time, I'm crazy about threads.

#14 01-06-2007 00:58:05

Midian
Dentellière filante
Site web

Crazy-crazy, isn't for corrected your sentence, it's just for speak about me smile

#15 01-06-2007 01:01:39

Mic
Ancien membre

I think you meant describe ?

#16 01-06-2007 02:36:37

chocolatte
Membre
Site web

Midian a écrit:

What is in french " plain sounding" I don't understand ?

Banal.  Sans originalité.  No originality.

I apologize to those who have written me and whom I have not answered.  My work is currently (actuellement) driving me crazy-crazy, as Midian would say.  I'm working on the logistics of a workshop (atelier) for about 200 people in Kigali to talk about AIDS (SIDA).  This is an easy job for me -- usually.  However, this time we're working with the Americans who are bringing in 2000 people from all over the world at about the same time!

They make things complicated.  They are driving me and my team crazy!  Ils sont fous les Américains.

We should have gone to a city like Marrakesh where there are many hotels.  Then I could buy dyes for fibers.  smile  Instead, the Americans decided we should go to Kigali.  But there are only 2000 rooms in the city and there are 2000 people attending.  Can you imagine?!

What I have just done is called "venting".  I think in French you say "raler."  Thank you for listening to my venting.  smile  Venting makes one feel better.  Don't you think?

Thérèse (chocolatte)

#17 01-06-2007 03:09:52

Mic
Ancien membre

Poor Chocolatte. Courage !
Yes, you're right, like you I'm often venting.
Why don't they sleep "à la belle étoile" ?

#18 01-06-2007 03:27:53

Midian
Dentellière filante
Site web

Yes Mic, describe is the good word

Here , we say " maybe make simple , when one make complicated " venting is good for    
to prevent that the brain smokes , for me is a very good method, but for my husband is not very well , because I'm venting on him lol

Chocolatte, full good thoughts for you

#19 01-06-2007 07:25:38

nansou
Membre
Lieu: Lamasquere

Hello !

my name is Anne, I am 30, house wife (and not that desperate) and mother of three children aged 4, 2 and 4 months.

I discovered spinning about a year ago, tasted with a simple spindle (which I still enjoy) and bought a spinning wheel (Kromski Mazurka) a few months ago.
I enjoy making many things by myself (cooking, beads, stitching...) but I really feel spinning is the most important to me ! I almost forgot : I also knit a little !

#20 01-06-2007 12:36:05

Florence
Maman Mouton
Site web

Midian, you'r right, you're venting very well! wink and it's true it is sometime a good think for nerves and brain!

#21 01-06-2007 13:17:24

Loutre
Membre
Lieu: Région parisienne

Hello my name is Agnes, and I believe that my nickname "Loutre" means "otter".
I'm 39 nearly 40, and have 3 children aged 10, 9 years old and the youngest who is only 5 months old. I live in the south of Paris.
I usually work (engineering) but at the moment I'm in holidays because of the birth of my little daughter. I knit, cook, sew clothes for my children and I, and recently I discovered fibers and spinning, thanks to the blogs' world and then to this discussion.
I have two spindles, one top and one bottom, and a few weeks ago I bought my first wheel (a S10 from LOUET). Therefore, I'm a beginner but I hope that I will soon be able to produce beautiful yarns like the others do !
Unfortunately I will have less time when I come back to work but nevertheless  I will manage to practise all my hobbies, or at less spinning !

Agnès, file sur ladybug,  S45, S40, S10, et quelques antiquités, canadiennes, suédoises .....

#22 01-06-2007 14:40:04

souffel1990
Membre
Lieu: Strasbourg

Hello my name is Isabelle, I'm 40 years old and have 2 children (12 and 10 years old). I'm piano teacher, I work only a few hours and have time for my hobbies : knitting and now spinning. Recently I bought a "Sonata" by Kromski and I have a lot of fun with my wheel.
I live in Alsace, near Strasbourg.
I like to read knitting books in english because I'm very interested, but it's difficult for me to write and very difficult to speak (I speak like a "spanish cow" or like Maurice Chevalier, you see yikes ).

Isabelle

#23 01-06-2007 19:52:56

chocolatte
Membre
Site web

I'm surprised to find so many people who know English.  I'm also very pleased.  smile

Anne, I think I sent your rubber stamp to France or brought it to Belgium.  I don't remember anymore; I'm so sorry. help  Anyway, I'll make up for it.  I have your address. smile

Thérèse (chocolatte)

#24 01-06-2007 20:08:27

nansou
Membre
Lieu: Lamasquere

Thank you chocolatte ! That is so kind !

#25 01-06-2007 20:09:04

Lolo
Membre

i come back, wahouuu many people speak english !! i'm very happy !

It's great smile

Etoile filante

Pied de page des forums

Propulsé par FluxBB
Traduction par fluxbb.fr